Affiliate Name: Habitat SSMA
Date Ad Posted: 8 March 2022
Position Type: 1 Year Full-time Contract
Application Deadline: 21 March 2022
Location(s): Sault Ste. Marie and occasional travel throughout Algoma
This opportunity is proudly supported by the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Workforce Development Program. Eligibility requirements of the program can be found here: https://nohfc.ca/en/pages/programs/people-talent-program/workforce-development-stream
The Marketing and Outreach Intern is primarily responsible for coordinating marketing and communications for Habitat SSMA, attending outreach events, and collaborating with staff to operate the website including the online shop. Work will include planning, organizing, and executing various marketing and communications initiatives to internal and external stakeholders. This position will monitor, upload products, and troubleshoot the website and online shop.
– Seeking out and attending community events that align with Habitat’s vision, mission, and values
-Promoting the Habitat ReStore
– Identifying and cultivating relationships with residents, community organizations, and businesses through coordinated outreach efforts and attending meetings as a representative of Habitat
– Acting as a friendly point of contact for Habitat
Marketing and Communications
– Working collaboratively with staff to develop and implement an annual marketing plan, including email marketing, social media, and advertising
– Preparing content as required including press releases, social media posts, and flyers
– Participating in interviews and commercials as necessary
– Identifying marketing opportunities and developing appropriate plans
– Developing promotional material for the ReStore online shop
– Developing and implementing a marketing campaign for the ReStore online shop
– Maintaining and updating web content on a regular basis, including the online shop
– Acting as the main point of contact for the ReStore online shop
– Photographing, uploading, and developing descriptions for online products
– Maintaining an accurate inventory of online products
– Collaborating with the ReStore staff to create a ReStore procurement and donor campaign and corresponding database
– Researching and initiating telephone or email contact with new donor prospects
– Meeting with potential donors with the Director of Operations or Assistant Manager
Knowledge of Brand and Products
– Promoting Habitat for Humanity Vision, Mission, and Values
– Promoting ReStore as the HFHSSMA Social Enterprise that generates revenue for builds
– Promoting the use of the Donation Center for high-quality donations
– University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university.
– Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
– Degree or Diploma in the field of communications, public relations, marketing, or business administration.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 required
– Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
– Ability to work through difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
Additional skills including:
– Organized, accurate, and efficient
– Dependable, with good time management
– Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
– Ability to work independently and in a team environment
– Ability to problem solve and exercise good judgment
– Vulnerable Sector Check is required as a condition of employment
– Proof of vaccination is required as a condition of employment
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS SUPPORTED BY: Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
New entrants into the workforce, transitioning to a new career, or unemployed/underemployed who are entering a new field;
Have not previously participated in an NOHFC-funded internship;
Are at least 18 years of age; and
Reside, and be legally entitled to work, in Canada.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please note that we will be reviewing and evaluating applications on an ongoing basis and we, therefore, encourage early submissions.
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to forward their cover letter and resume as one document the email@example.com with the subject line: Marketing and Outreach Intern Application. Please indicate where you saw the job posting.
Applications must be received before 4PM EST on March 21, 2022.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance. Habitat for Humanity SSMA will arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank all applicants for applying however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted (no phone calls please). We are committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.
ABOUT HABITAT FOR HUMANITY SAULT STE. MARIE & AREA
Founded in 2002, Habitat for Humanity Sault Ste. Marie & Area is a non-profit community-based organization working towards a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live. HFHSSMA offers a sustainable solution to the housing crisis facing our communities by mobilizing volunteers and community partners to build affordable housing and promoting homeownership.
For more information, please visit www.habitatsault.ca
32 White Oak Dr. AND.