About the Job
- Are you a brand-builder, passionate about technology and sustainability? Do you thrive in a high-accountability, fast-moving environment? If yes, then we are looking for you!
- At EM-ONE, we are a team of technology and energy experts driven by our vision to transform Africa’s aging power models into decentralized, decarbonized, and digitalized energy systems.
- Over the past five years, we have become industry leaders – designing and building over 400 solar microgrids in Nigeria that provide reliable, affordable, and sustainable energy to communities, businesses, and industries.
- We have a strong reputation and are excited about the opportunities ahead. To support the next phase of our growth, we are looking for a talented individual who can align our outward image with our inner drive.
- Our ideal candidate will be based out of Abuja, working closely with our Toronto HQ. They will be familiar with the sustainable energy sector, digital marketing channels and comfortable working in a rapid environment.
- We are looking for someone to amplify our name in the sustainable energy space as well as reach new audiences across the globe.
- If you are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who genuinely enjoys building a brand and you are ready to put in the hours to make a difference, then this is the place for you.
The Marketing Specialist will ensure our brand message is strong and consistent, across a variety of marketing venues that generate results. Their responsibilities will include:
- Conceptualizing and executing multi-channel campaigns aligned with the organization’s growth strategy – supporting lead generation, partnerships, and strategic messaging
- Developing content for social media channels, website, PR, email
- Analyzing the impact of current marketing initiatives to adjust and optimize accordingly
- Advising on strategic opportunities for EM-ONE to engage (eg. events, meetings, speeches, media interviews)
- Drafting and finalizing written communications for EM-ONE’s leadership (eg. remarks, written interviews, op-eds, speeches, quotes, talking points)
- Representing us at industry events (eg. conferences, seminars, etc.)
- Presenting ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, communicating with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets
- Guiding internal teams on communications protocols and branding
- Developing marketing materials working with internal and external resources.
Our Marketing Specialist must be creative, enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment, and be ready to immerse themselves in the field of sustainable energy and energy access. Their qualifications should include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related
- 4+ years of similar experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills. An ability to convey complex ideas in a concise, clear, direct, and lively style
- Proven experience developing and executing marketing plans and campaigns across channels
- Proven experience building visual collateral that is minimalist, modern, and effective
- Strong organizational skills, able to meet tight deadlines and to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with an eye for creativity
- Proven media relations experience and understanding of communications and outreach that will appeal to international private and public sector audiences
- Knowledge of sustainable development, energy, energy transitions and energy access an advantage
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, Social Media Channels and Social Media monitoring and marketing automation tools (Buffer etc).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
- Excellent communicator – passionate, confident, and professional
- Committed to excellence – perform duties at the highest level possible on a consistent basis.
- Innovative and adaptable
- Team player – have team-oriented experience and approach.
- Demonstrates initiative and role model behavior in leading and empowering others.
- Takes responsibility for own work activities and carries out the commitments agreed upon.
- Plans and organizes their own work in support of achieving the team’s objectives.
- Has expert research skills & promotes the use of data driven decision making.
Click Here To Apply