- Preparing graduates who can contribute effectively to today’s business environment through our premier academic programs as well as experiential learning and internship opportunities
- Fostering and promoting opportunities for meaningful collaboration with community partners to create developmental opportunities for students and to ensure that the College’s academic programs are responsive to the needs of the business community
- Coordinating recruitment and retention efforts that support the College’s strategic and sustainable growth
- Recruiting, retaining, and empowering faculty through an organizational culture that promotes shared governance, and fosters interdisciplinary collaborations
- Analyzing and responding to emerging regional, national, and global trends in higher education and business in order to craft a long-term vision for the College that is consistent with the University’s mission and strategic priorities and to increase its visibility and goals.
- Managing an annual operating budget and securing additional resources to achieve the College’s strategic goals
- Maintaining the College’s AACSB accreditation and assisting with the University’s regional accreditation
The Dean reports directly to the Provost and serves as the chief academic officer of the College. Candidates must have an earned doctorate or terminal degree with the academic qualifications and achievements consistent with an appointment as a tenured, full professor in the College. Evidence of successful administrative leadership above or equivalent to the department chair level is required. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate mastery of and active involvement with the AACSB accreditation process.
Information for Applicants The review of credentials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, please submit materials by March 28, 2022. Application materials must include a letter of intent describing your interest in the position and a statement of your leadership philosophy, including evidence of a commitment to the promotion of diversity, equity, and inclusion . Applications must include a curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, and the names, addresses (including email), and telephone numbers for five references. References will not be contacted until finalists are identified.
All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential. Finalists will be publicly identified prior to campus visit. Application materials should be submitted via the USI human resources website at: https://usi.peopleadmin.com/postings/9564.
Nominations and questions should be forwarded to Sarah Will, Interim Executive Director of Human Resources, by email at email@example.com. More information is available on the USI website at https://www.usi.edu/rcob-dean-search.