Steve Garfield is an authority on using video in your social media campaigns (video marketing) … here are some tips and a short video by Steve. If you are set up for social media in your small business (it should form part of your internet marketing strategy), you should be integrating video marketing into your routine… it increases the effectiveness of social media marketing for small business by 70 – 80%.
Takeaways from Steve’s video and some Spunky suggestions:
- Video marketing is more compelling than flat text
- Video marketing is more personal than text
- Video marketing entices interaction at a greater rate than text
- is quick and immediate to generate (with the right tools)
- Day to day goings on in your business (processes, social events etc)
- Business events (parties, promotions etc)
- Interview staff members
- Interview people at trade shows, exhibitions
- Use a simple device such as iphone or hand held camera
- Ensure HD capability
- External audio jack is available for iphone (called Irig Mic)
- Look for portable device with basic editing ability and ability to upload directly to Youtube. (iphone is no.1 pic at the moment)
Upload your video to your Youtube business account
Embed in onto your blog
Put your video wherever you are wanting to build a community or a following.
Consider using Google+!
Want to use this article on your website or blog? You can, as long as you include the full bio and link below:
Justine Simard is the owner and founder of SpunkeBusiness, a company dedicated to helping business owners grow their business online. By using simple, practical and effective online strategies, SpunkeBusiness offers a streamlined and ‘no-fluff’ approach that produces results for entrepreneurs, small business and online businesses alike. For more articles and online business resources, visit www.SpunkeBusiness.com.