B2B Marketing is going quiet. It’s mid-December (OMG, where did the last 3 months go?). Business owners and consumers are getting less focused on work, and more focused on presents, family, food and holidays. Apart for those selling hot items for the festive season, most businesses are wrapping up the year and slowing down their marketing.
While some businesses go quiet, it creates opportunities for the businesses that DO keep marketing online until Christmas. With less competition for traffic online, those who maintain active online marketing campaigns gain greater exposure to their special offers, products and services.
One main concern for businesses marketing online in this busy period is the pressure to deliver services before Christmas. There is however a simple solution for this; you can promote special offers for services to be delivered in January! (I told you it was simple!) For example, use special offers in December to ‘lock-in’ your January customers. The truth is, your buyers will be relieved that they are able to secure a deal now, but focus on getting it done only in the New Year. Plus, they’ll know they’ll be heading to a new start in January!
Talk about Win-Win…
YOU: You make a sale and lock-in your customers for 2012. You still get time to have fun at Christmas and don’t have the pressure to deliver by the end of the year.
YOUR CUSTOMERS: They secure a spunky deal, save money and secure a great start for 2012!
When businesses slow down in December, they often have a slow January as well. The slower you get during the holiday season, the harder it can be to pick up speed in January. With customers lined-up for January, you get back to running your business in January with ready-to-go customers while you ramp up your marketing to secure more customers throughout the first quarter.
Here are some ideas for simple online marketing strategies to promote your end-of-year offers:
- Email your existing list. Include some extra free value and tips, your well wishes for the holidays and of course, your special offers.
- Stay active on social media. Continue to share value and comments, but allow yourself a few promotional posts and messages too.
- Stay active on your blog, and introduce your special offers in every post you publish.
- Install a Christmas banner or pop up window with your special Christmas offers on your website.
- Share something fun for Christmas – a personal story, a funny video, etc. Link this content to your special offers. (Have you seen our spunky elves video?)
- Provide a discount voucher code applicable to your entire online store.
- Give something for free (a Christmas gift) to your list and new subscribers. Don’t forget to then market your special offers on your download page, thank you page or follow-up email.
- Run a Christmas competition with a prize. Do this via social media for a greater reach!
Need help to ramp up YOUR online marketing in 2012? We help you get Spunky online in January… and of course we have a special deal in December for securing a great start for your business in the New Year! (see below)
Looking for an additional income stream in 2012? Visit our sister site for online business opportunities and grab our blueprint while you’re there!